Eastern Kentucky PRIDE

Personal Responsibility in a Desirable Environment

Visit Us on Facebook Visit Us on Flickr Visit Us on YouTube


U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Section 531 Program

The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, a founding partner in the PRIDE initiative, administers the Section 531 program.

Funds are available for wastewater projects that:

  • Demonstrate innovative wastewater treatment approaches,
  • Serve rural areas not likely to be addressed in the near future by other traditional funding sources, or
  • Have secured funding from other sources but still need a small amount of financial assistance to be implemented (need-a-boost)

This program awards 75% of the project’s cost, and the grant recipient must provide the remaining 25%.

Eligible applicants are counties, cities, wastewater utilities and nonprofit organizations in the 5th Congressional District.  Please note that, unlike the other PRIDE programs, this program is available only to counties in the 5th Congressional District.

PRIDE Wastewater Construction Grants

Please note that applications for this program are not available at the present time.

The PRIDE Wastewater Construction Grant Program funds extension of sewer lines from existing wastewater treatment plants into communities without sewer service. These grants cover 100% of project costs. There is no minimum or maximum grant amount, and no matching funds are required. Counties, cities and wastewater utilities are eligible for grants.  The project area must be covered by a mandatory sewer use ordinance.

Find Us On Facebook

Join Our Mailing List!

* indicates required

Upcoming Events

No Upcoming Events