Apply by 9/4 for PRIDE Environmental Education GrantAugust 21, 2015 by clackey
The funds can be used for a variety of educational activities that achieve the objectives of the PRIDE Environmental Education Grant Program, which are:
- To encourage the understanding of and actions beneficial to the environment through educational activities.
- To bring an awareness of nature and the conflicts between the built and natural aspects of our environment.
- To teach students skills that create a positive action on behalf of the environment.
- To promote the concept of student acceptance of being personally responsible for his or her environment while building community pride.
The Grant Application review process will be highly competitive. Projects focusing on energy efficiency and conservation, recycling and solid waste management will receive higher priority.
The grant amount will be up to $500. The grant will be awarded to the school board or nonprofit organization that represents the eligible applicant.
Eligible applicants are teachers from public and private school systems; educational institutions applying as a school; and non-formal educators. Non-profit organizations interested in the promotion of environmental education may apply. Applicants must be working with schools or organizations within the following counties: Adair, Bath, Bell, Breathitt, Boyd, Carter, Casey, Clay, Clinton, Cumberland, Elliott, Floyd, Green, Harlan, Jackson, Johnson, Knott, Knox, Laurel, Lawrence, Lee, Leslie, Letcher, Lincoln, Magoffin, Martin, McCreary, Menifee, Metcalfe, Monroe, Morgan, Owsley, Perry, Pike, Pulaski, Rockcastle, Rowan, Russell, Taylor, Wayne, Whitley and Wolfe.
The grant period will extend from October 1, 2015 to March 30, 2016. All materials will be required to be purchased by March 30, 2016; no extension will be awarded.
How to apply
The Grant Application is available below as a PDF document. To submit the Grant Application, please mail, e-mail, fax or hand deliver it to PRIDE. The Grant Application must be received by PRIDE or postmarked by 4 pm ET on September 4, 2015.
To apply, please follow the instructions below.
- Read the Terms and Conditions, which include details about the program, tips for completing the application, and a sample budget. To view the Terms and Conditions, click here.
- Complete the Grant Application. Click here to open the Grant Application PDF. Please type your information into the blank spaces provided in the Grant Application PDF. After completing your Grant Application Form, please print it.
- Submit the Grant Application to PRIDE by:
- Mail or hand delivery (2292 S. Hwy. 27, Somerset, KY 42501),
- E-mail (PRIDE@centertech.com), or
- Fax (606-677-6055).
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the PRIDE office at PRIDE@centertech.com or 1-888-577-4339 (toll free).