PRIDE Club funds available – Deadline extended to Nov. 21November 4, 2014 by clackey
DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER AND SCHOOL CLOSINGS, THE APPLICATION DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO FRIDAY, NOV. 21.
We are now accepting applications for PRIDE Club Environmental Education Contracts, thanks to an award from the Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC).
The purpose of the PRIDE Club Contract is to provide funds for the continuation of previous PRIDE Clubs and/or establishing new PRIDE Clubs. The funds can be used for a variety of educational activities that promote awareness of the importance of a clean environment, personal responsibility, and community pride. Projects focusing on energy efficiency and conservation, recycling, and solid waste management will receive higher priority.
The contract amount will be up to $750. The contract will be awarded to the school board or nonprofit organization that represents the eligible applicant.
Eligible applicants include public and private schools, nonformal educators, and nonprofit organizations that register a PRIDE Club by November 21, 2014. Applicants who registered a PRIDE Club during the previous three school years (2011-2012, 2012-2013, or 2013-2014) will receive more points toward the rating criteria of the application. Applicants must be working with schools or organizations within the following counties: Adair, Bath, Bell, Breathitt, Boyd, Carter, Casey, Clay, Clinton, Cumberland, Elliott, Floyd, Green, Harlan, Jackson, Johnson, Knott, Knox, Laurel, Lawrence, Lee, Leslie, Letcher, Lincoln, Magoffin, Martin, McCreary, Menifee, Metcalfe, Monroe, Morgan, Owsley, Perry, Pike, Pulaski, Rockcastle, Rowan, Russell, Wayne, Whitley and Wolfe.
Contract recipients will be announced in December 2014. The contract period will extend until May 30, 2015. All funds must be spent by April 30, 2015; no extensions will be granted.
How to apply
The Contract Application and PRIDE Club Registration Form are available below as PDF documents. To submit the Contract Application and PRIDE Club Registration Form, please mail, e-mail, fax, or hand deliver them to PRIDE. The Contract Application and PRIDE Club Registration Form must be received by PRIDE or postmarked by November 21, 2014. (The original deadline was November 17, but it was extended due to inclement weather and school closings.)
To apply, please follow the instructions below.
- Read the Terms and Conditions, which include details about the program, tips for completing the application, and a sample budget. To view the Terms and Conditions, click here.
- Complete the Contract Application. Click here to open the Contract Application PDF. Please type your information into the blank spaces provided in the Application PDF. After completing your Application Form, please print it.
- Complete your PRIDE Club Registration Form. Click here to open the PRIDE Club Registration Form PDF.
- Submit the Contract Application and PRIDE Club Registration Form to PRIDE by:
- Mail or hand delivery (2292 S. Hwy. 27, Somerset, KY 42501),
- E-mail (PRIDE@centertech.com), or
- Fax (606-677-6055).
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the PRIDE office at PRIDE@centertech.com or 1-888-577-4339 (toll free).
ARC funding for PRIDE Environmental Education Contract Program
Eastern Kentucky PRIDE, Inc., agrees and warrants that 66% of the program will be financed by federal funding with the remaining 34% financed by state and local resources. Total project cost is $266,501, of which $175,000 will be funded by ARC.