Applications for year-end Environmental Education ContractsFebruary 20, 2014 by clackey
WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS. WE’LL ANNOUNCE THE CONTRACT AWARDS SOON. THANK YOU!
We are now accepting applications for the PRIDE Environmental Education Contract Program, thanks to an award from the Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC). The funds can be used for a variety of educational activities that promote awareness of the importance of a clean environment, personal responsibility, and community pride. Projects focusing on energy efficiency and conservation, recycling, and solid waste management will receive higher priority.
Contract recipients will be announced in March 2014. The contract period will extend from March 2014 to June 30, 2014. All funds must be spent by May 31, 2014; no extensions will be granted.
The contract amount will be up to $1,500. The contract will be awarded to the school board or nonprofit organization that represents the eligible applicant. Please note that PRIDE Club funding is an ineligible expense.
Eligible applicants include public and private schools, nonformal educators, and nonprofit organizations from the following counties: Adair, Bath, Bell, Breathitt, Boyd, Carter, Casey, Clay, Clinton, Cumberland, Elliott, Floyd, Green, Harlan, Jackson, Johnson, Knott, Knox, Laurel, Lawrence, Lee, Leslie, Letcher, Lincoln, Magoffin, Martin, McCreary, Menifee, Metcalfe, Monroe, Morgan, Owsley, Perry, Pike, Pulaski, Rockcastle, Rowan, Russell, Wayne, Whitley and Wolfe.
Recipients of 2013 PRIDE Environmental Education Contracts are eligible to apply. Your application can be an extension of work started with your 2013 contract.
How to apply
The application is available online as a PDF. PRIDE encourages applicants to fill in the application form and then print the completed application. To submit the application, please mail, e-mail, fax or hand deliver it to PRIDE. The application must be received by PRIDE or postmarked by March 14, 2014. (The original deadline was March 7, but it was postponed due to school cancellations.)
To apply, please follow the instructions below. (They also are on the cover of the application form.)
- Read the Terms and Conditions, which include details about the program, tips for completing the application, and a sample budget. To view the Terms and Conditions, click here.
- Open the Application. Click here to open the Application PDF.
- Please type your information into the blank spaces provided in the PDF.
- After completing your application form, please click the “Print Form” button on Page 1 of the application to print the completed application. (You will not have the option to save your completed form.)
- Submit the application to PRIDE by mail or hand delivery (2292 S. Hwy. 27, Somerset, KY 42501), e-mail (PRIDE@centertech.com), or fax (606-677-6055).
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the PRIDE office at PRIDE@centertech.com or 1-888-577-4339 (toll free).
ARC funding for PRIDE Environmental Education Contract Program
Eastern Kentucky PRIDE, Inc., agrees and warrants that 66% of the program will be financed by federal funding with the remaining 34% financed by state and local resources. Total project cost is $266,501, of which $175,000 will be funded by ARC.