PRIDE Environmental Education ContractsOctober 31, 2013 by clackey
WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST!
We are now accepting applications for the PRIDE Environmental Education Contract Program, thanks to an award from the Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC). The funds can be used for a variety of educational activities that promote awareness of the importance of a clean environment, personal responsibility, and community pride. Projects focusing on energy efficiency and conservation, recycling, and solid waste management will receive higher priority.
The contract amount will be up to $1,500, plus an additional $250 to operate a PRIDE Club, for a total of $1,750 available to each eligible applicant. The contract will be awarded to the school board or nonprofit organization that represents the eligible applicant.
Eligible applicants include public and private schools, nonformal educators, and nonprofit organizations from the following counties: Adair, Bath, Bell, Breathitt, Boyd, Carter, Casey, Clay, Clinton, Cumberland, Elliott, Floyd, Green, Harlan, Jackson, Johnson, Knott, Knox, Laurel, Lawrence, Lee, Leslie, Letcher, Lincoln, Magoffin, Martin, McCreary, Menifee, Metcalfe, Monroe, Morgan, Owsley, Perry, Pike, Pulaski, Rockcastle, Rowan, Russell, Wayne, Whitley and Wolfe.
Contract recipients will be announced by the end of October. The contract period will extend from October 2013 to May 31, 2014. All funds must be obligated by Dec. 18, 2013, unless prior approval is obtained from PRIDE.
How to apply
The application is available online as a PDF. PRIDE encourages applicants to fill in the application form and submit it via e-mail. Or, applicants can print the application, complete it, and then mail or fax it to PRIDE.
To apply, please follow the instructions below. (They also are on the cover of the application form.)
- Read the Terms and Conditions, which include details about the program, tips for completing the application, and a sample budget. To view the Terms and Conditions, click here.
- Open the Application. Click here to open the Application PDF.
- Please type your information into the blank spaces provided in the PDF.
- After completing your application form, please click the “Print Form” button on Page 1 of the application to print a copy for your records. (You will not have the option to save your completed form.)
- Please click the “Submit by E-mail” button on Page 1 of the application to officially submit your application. You will have the opportunity to attach your photos and documents before sending the e-mail. (Note: By clicking “Submit by E-mail,” you are indicating you agree with the Terms and Conditions of the contract application. Your e-mail submission will serve as your signature showing you agree with the terms and conditions.)
- When PRIDE receives your application via e-mail, we will send you a confirmation e-mail. If you do not receive it WITHIN A FEW HOURS, call us at 1-888-577-4339 (toll free).
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the PRIDE office at PRIDE@centertech.com or 1-888-577-4339 (toll free).
ARC funding for PRIDE Environmental Education Contract Program
Eastern Kentucky PRIDE, Inc., agrees and warrants that 66% of the program will be financed by federal funding with the remaining 34% financed by state and local resources. Total project cost is $266,501, of which $175,000 will be funded by ARC.